2 stroke to be or not to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisrental

I am in a large dilemma, I really see benefits of owning a jet ski. I run a pontoon rental business, I have tossed the idea of buying a sea doo for quick accesses to my customers. But also, would like the to pull them in if the problem is not solved on the lake.

What jet ski, sea doo, is capable of doing this without injuring the engine or my wallet?

For what you are going to use the ski for I would definitely go with a 4-stroke. They are more powerful and get much better gas mileage, and are generally faster. Probably a late model GTI.

If you were going to use it for fun you should get a 2-stroke.

Lou

What jet ski, sea doo, is capable of doing this without injuring the engine or my wallet?

If it floats, you can kiss your wallet goodbye! LOL!

B.O.A.T. == Bust Out Another Thousand

ps. My only concern regarding using a 4-stroke with factory closed-loop cooling setup is that the engine may overheat while towing a larger watercraft... you can either change to an aftermarket open-loop cooling system, or buy an older model PWC that pre-dates the use of closed-loop cooling. With the closed-loop system, engine heat is exchanged with lake/seawater via the ride plate at the stern of the hull, it acts like a car radiator.

- Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back