2 stroke oil in cylinder

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

midwest

Hi first post. I have a 2002 sportster LE 130 hp 947 rotax. I am getting it ready for the water so I of course tried to start the engine. It turns over a couple of times and stops. I pulled the plugs and one cylinder is full of injector oil. Must have leaked into cylinder over the winter . Any suggestions where this leaking is coming from?

Hi first post. I have a 2002 sportster LE 130 hp 947 rotax. I am getting it ready for the water so I of course tried to start the engine. It turns over a couple of times and stops. I pulled the plugs and one cylinder is full of injector oil. Must have leaked into cylinder over the winter . Any suggestions where this leaking is coming from?
Possible the engine is just flooded from trying to start it? HAve you done a compression test?

The engine turned over one and a half revolutions, not nearly enough time to flood. There was at leasts 2 ounces of oil in the cylinder. This is a factory rebuilt engine with only 4 hours on it

oil

oil injector pump does not run with out engine turning over. Have you pulled plugs, turned over so all oil/gas is out, replaced plugs with new and see if starts?

Run for a bit and do plug check. See if one is extra oily.

Pulled plugs. Only one cylinder full of injector oil, about 2 ounces. Sucked it out changed plugs and it fired. My question is where did the oil come from. This happened last spring as well. Stored boat. First start up try engine turns 1 1/2 revolutions and siezes. So it's not from the pump unless it is loaded with oil and punches it into the one cylinder

I believe there is a check valve at the end of the line in the carb throat. Check the parts diagrams and or service manual.

I believe there is a check valve at the end of the line in the carb throat. Check the parts diagrams and or service manual.

:agree: That's the only place it can come from on that engine. If that check valve is bad, oil from the oil pump will drain into the engine.
Unless, the engine was winterized with too much oil.

Chester

Thanks Guys. I got the engine to fire after I put a pump into the cylinder and pulled out about 3 ounces of injector oil .installed a new plug. Will get the check valve replaced. Happy boating to all. Will be putting the boat into Simco next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back