1st PWC- new 2005 RTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaggarJon

We are in the process of buying a brand new 2005 RTX. Some questions i have:

I asked a friend of mine who has some experience with a PWC about the craft sitting for 2 years, and if starting to use it now would cause problems. He told me that as long as the craft has indeed never been used, and has never been filled with fluids it should be fine.... I was hoping the smart folks of this forum could weigh in with their thoughts.

Another question i have is about when i pick the craft up at the dealer. Are there any questions i should be asking? For instance, i read in a thread about having the dealer replace some washer or something that was rubber with some that were metal. It was just a general coment, and offered no details... So i ask here if anyone has any advice of things i should know and ask BEFORE i buy to make this whole experience a good one.

my last question, at least for now, is about maintenance. I have the owners manual, but was wondering about the Maintanance books. Which ones are good to have, which ones are needed and possibly where to get them without paying an arm and both leggs. I know there will be some things i will need to visit the dealer for, and i am ok with that. But i would like the maintenance books so i know what the issue is if and when something goes wrong, and to make sure i am not being taken advantage of when visiting the dealer.

I appreciate any thoughts and/or help ..

thanx in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you should be fine. I would basically treat it as a new seadoo and follow the breakin procedures accordingly.

Are you getting a full warrenty with the craft? If yes, then there isn't much to worry about right now. I haven't heard of any seal recalls, but if I do I'll reply here with them.

For maintenance, you should get a shop manual. Honestly the cheapest way is to become a premium member here as we have them. It'll tell you just about everything you need to know.

Of course, if you have any more questions feel free to ask...and congrats on getting a great seadoo.

many thanx for the response. we were looking for a PWC to power a boat we were looking at called the Shuttle Craft by a company in Canada. It only needs 130hp or more to operate. This 215hp machine was marked down several thousand below list price only because its 2 almost 3 seasons old.

we are getting the full 1 year original warranty, so i am not concerned for that 1st year. my worry was for after that. We are considering the extended coverage, but will see how this 1st year bears out.

i saw the premium access part of this forum, and will discuss it with my wife, i was hoping for the actual book, just to have handy when we are out somewhere.

As for now, i should be picking up the new toy tomorrow, and go from there... i do have this site bookmarked, so any and all issue will be posted here :)

once again, many thanks!

i saw the premium access part of this forum, and will discuss it with my wife, i was hoping for the actual book, just to have handy when we are out somewhere.

You can print it out :) just select the page numbers from the print option.

And welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back