1999 Speedster SK Late Season Update

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

riffe723

Been working and playing all summer on this boat. We have really enjoyed our time with it this far. As promise, I will be redoing the entire boat. New color scheme and all over this winter. For now I want to update anyone that cares on what I have done to the boat so far. Few pictures here.

First of all, waketower. It is a Vulcan wake tower. Decent quality, really strong on a narrow boat like a speedster.

IMG_1980.JPG

In the picture you see two 8” tower speakers which I went a different route with right away.

IMG_2205.JPG

Ended up with the Reborn Speaker and Light combo. Really nice setup for $400 considering the Big Air variation is $900.

And you can also see in that picture the wake tower Bimini top. Also a really nice touch.

For the wiring of the lights and speaker I ran the wires through the tower (obviously) and I used some connectors at the hull near where the tower mounts.

IMG_2204.JPG

As you can see simple attachment. With all that I also added a head unit with 4 speakers in the cockpit, and a 1200w amp.

Here is another picture.

IMG_2202.JPG

Will post more updates as I go along. These are the few things I have done in the 3-4 months of owning this boat. I have some other things planned. Especially trim tab. Lake Champlain has some days where it’s a bit choppy and it would help.

ENJOY!

on the (big air wake towers.com) web site. it is an ice tower. sorry cant post links
There is a sale right now on that tower $561.75 plus $75 shipping

@riffe723 how does the tower mount up? I’m about to do the exact same upgrade you did...tower new headunit and 2 4” wake tower speakers up top for now. Might add 2 more later.

My biggest concern was how tall the tower would be, if we would be able to have 6’ guys walk under it. And next was how did you mount it? I figured I’d mount almost exactly where you mounted yours but how do you get to the inside of the hull?

@riffe723 how does the tower mount up? I’m about to do the exact same upgrade you did...tower new headunit and 2 4” wake tower speakers up top for now. Might add 2 more later.

My biggest concern was how tall the tower would be, if we would be able to have 6’ guys walk under it. And next was how did you mount it? I figured I’d mount almost exactly where you mounted yours but how do you get to the inside of the hull?
I just changed how I mounted it. It was too low. I used 3/4 marine grade plywood and loctite marine adhesive (lowes). I spread the adhesive on the plywood and that was like a reinforcement for the fiberglass. Holds up great, absolutely no spiderwebbing. I attached from pictures of how I have it now. MUCH MORE SOLID NOW. 20190515_164012.jpeg20190515_163959.jpeg20190515_165126.jpeg

I just changed how I mounted it. It was too low. I used 3/4 marine grade plywood and loctite marine adhesive (lowes). I spread the adhesive on the plywood and that was like a reinforcement for the fiberglass. Holds up great, absolutely no spiderwebbing. I attached from pictures of how I have it now. MUCH MORE SOLID NOW. View attachment 40640View attachment 40641View attachment 40642
So you put the plywood at each mounting point? When I was looking in the front left side compartment where to mount at, I didn’t think there was enough of a hole to get anything in there including my hand.

I do like where you put the rear mounts at now. I hadn’t thought of that and will definitely be doing that now. You put the plywood in that part correct? And ran it long ways along the rails of the boat? Did you add plywood to the front mounts or no?

Also unrelated...where’d you get your decals? Those are sick

They are all backed with marine grade plywood yes. I made a hole in the left compartment just like the one in the right side in order to get the pieces in. Yes I ran the plywood long ways with the rail of the boat on the rear mounts.

Graphics came from Ebay. Autographicsltd did them. They are 98 speedster replicas with color change.

They are all backed with marine grade plywood yes. I made a hole in the left compartment just like the one in the right side in order to get the pieces in. Yes I ran the plywood long ways with the rail of the boat on the rear mounts.

Graphics came from Ebay. Autographicsltd did them. They are 98 speedster replicas with color change.

Last question how big of a piece of plywood did you put in for each spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back