1999 Seadoo Speedster 787 2 stroke Twin engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water sports

Hi I would like to ask how to bleed the petrol and oil lines after replacement any photos or description would be hugely appreciated

To bleed the fuel lines remove the return line from the rear carb and cover it with your finger. Blow a little pressure into the fuel tank and when fuel starts coming out of the carb where you removed the hose put the return line back on and your fuel system is bled.

For the oil system remove the bleed screw from the oil pump until fresh oil comes out with no air and put the screw back in and the pump is bled. Now to bleed the little oil lines from the pump to the intake start the engine and with it at idle hold the oil pump arm wide open until all the air is out of these lines it will happen fairly quickly and you will see the oil pulsing about 1/4" at a time.

To bleed the fuel lines remove the return line from the rear carb and cover it with your finger. Blow a little pressure into the fuel tank and when fuel starts coming out of the carb where you removed the hose put the return line back on and your fuel system is bled.

For the oil system remove the bleed screw from the oil pump until fresh oil comes out with no air and put the screw back in and the pump is bled. Now to bleed the little oil lines from the pump to the intake start the engine and with it at idle hold the oil pump arm wide open until all the air is out of these lines it will happen fairly quickly and you will see the oil pulsing about 1/4" at a time.

How do I get air into the petrol tank. ?

With bleeding the oil pump do I take the screw, completely out ?, i'm gathering the oil will just be gravity fed and will come out. What do you mean by oil pulsing about 1/4" at a time.?

How do I get air into the petrol tank. ?

With bleeding the oil pump do I take the screw, completely out ?, i'm gathering the oil will just be gravity fed and will come out. What do you mean by oil pulsing about 1/4" at a time.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back