1999 seadoo GTX RFI no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob1990$$

My seadoo will not start its not getting fuel but the pump is working when you put the key in it pumps fuel i pulled the fuel injectors off and cranked it over no fuel comes out and yes it will start and run with pooring gas in the motor

What's your battery voltage at rest and when cranking. The injected seadoo's are very power hungry and will not function if the voltage drops below 12V.

ITS 12 V and its a new battery its like its just not getting any fuel i did take a hot wire from one injector and jump it to the other injector and it will start and run but then getting to much fuel because its spraying fuel for both injectors at the same time when it should be one then the other

Any idea of what the pump pressure is? Could be the filters need changing. I don't trust people to do that so filters and fuel pressure would be the first things I'd look at. Also one of the first things I do is send the injectors off for servicing. Running lean will kill any engine quick.

Like above check the filters which can starve fuel supply. Pull the injector rail and crank to verify the spray from each injector.

I get no spray when i crank the motor and i can put the key in it to pressure the rail up and push the bottom pin on the injector to open the injector and fuel will NOT come out something is not telling my injectors to open but when i take a jump wire from one injector to the other to give it power it will start and run but does not run long because im putting fuel to both cylinders at the same time when it should be opposite times because both injectors are running at the same time with a jumper wire long store sort my injectors do NOT open on there own

Sry fuel does come out when i pressure it up and i push the bottom pin on the injector to open the injector and fuel will come out im pushing the bottom pin with a screw driver

I'd like to know what you're pushing to make the injector open. I've never messed with those things much. I just listen with a screwdriver to hear if they are popping. :) There is a small device that you put on the injector to see if it is getting a signal. It is a little light that pulses with the firing of the injector. Sounds like one of your injectors is not getting the memo to fire. Still, the ski should run on one cylinder. Did you replace your spark plugs? I thought I had a problem with my RFI and was all set to do some troubleshooting. I had a bright idea to replace the plugs, which were new. Ski ran great. LOL Never forget the little things was my message. Good Luck !!

The part at the bottom looks like the end of a ink pin pushn on that and it opens up and fuel will spray yes i have tryed new plugs and getting fire on both cylinders

I send my injectors to a guy in Florida. $50-ish and I get two refreshed injectors. I do this on every ski.

OK so injectors are good i had them tested they work like they should i have 150 psi compression ive got good fuel pressure im starting to think its the computer now only because the injectors will NOT fire cranking the motor over with the rail out and the front injector does NOT have power going to it that might be because they idle on one cylinder but either way the injectors do NOT fire

Attachments

• 1559659450273.png
    1559659450273.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 16
OK so injectors are good i had them tested they work like they should i have 150 psi compression ive got good fuel pressure im starting to think its the computer now only because the injectors will NOT fire cranking the motor over with the rail out and the front injector does NOT have power going to it that might be because they idle on one cylinder but either way the injectors do NOT fire
I have the same problem you have the rfis run idle on the front cylinder that’s why it won’t run and idle mine has power to second injector which puts out just enough fuel while idling to keep spark plug from fouling but not enough to hold idle I can’t figure out what is going on with no power anywhere on that wire someone in another forum said that metal shavings in the “flywheel casing” could be shorting crank sensor and or magneto also said the sensing teeth on the “flywheel” bent or worn from starter going out not giving the right reading to the crankshaft sensor I’m going to be pulling the front cover off mine today to check what I have

My seadoo will not start its not getting fuel but the pump is working when you put the key in it pumps fuel i pulled the fuel injectors off and cranked it over no fuel comes out and yes it will start and run with pooring gas in the motor
Here are the relevant pages from your 1999 GTX RFI manual - Fuel injection, assuming you don't already have these. Looks like the mpem is taking a lot of inputs from all the sensors before it'll fire the injectors.....do you have any fault codes?

Attachments

• 20190722100144.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back