1999 Seadoo Challenger 1800 Twin 787 - Throttle cables

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SIP

Hello,
I have a 1999 Seadoo Challenger with twin 787 engines. Last fall I had already winterized the engines but I wanted to fog the intake, carbs and cylinders before I put it away. We already had a frost the night before and when I went to prime the engine with the throttle lever it went loose.....I figured there was some condensation that froze in the cable line and the cable either broke or an end came off. So I have not looked at the problem yet but wanted to know what new cables would cost because I thought perhaps I would just replace both. Well the left hand cable is available but I was told that the right hand cable is discontinued? I just bought this boat last year and now I'm going to be running into parts being discontinued...not happy. I got to thinking and wanted to ask if anyone out there would know if I had to have the low steering control on the throttle cable system? I found that at high speed when I went to turn i would lose power because the steering was taking some slack off the throttle cable of the side I was turning. What if I got my own cables made without the low steering control component...then I wouldn't have the high speed issue and I could have new cables. I do not have a problem steering at low speed, so I thought perhaps I could omit this feature? It seems to be a very finicky system anyways trying to adjust it. Thanks for your help. Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back