1999 GTX stalling on takeoff

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

Wondering if anyone can help me with my problem? I just did some work on my GTX a week ago and got it running good(replaced grey fuel lines,cleaned carbs, etc..). I thought the fuel selector was shot so I bypassed it and everything was working fine. It had good response and picked up speed nice. My carbs were not in adjustment so I thought maybe the fuel selector was good so I hooked it up again but when I pin it wide open it stalls. I bypassed it again but it is still stalling out on takeoff. Any comment????

Did you also clean the fuel selector? If not it was probably gummed up and hooking it up sent something through your system clogging a filter

I bypassed the fuel selector but it still stalls at wot on takeoff. I talked to a mechanic and he said it might be my accelerator pump. I took of the carbs but could'nt unscrew the pump( one screw would not come unscrewed). I did notice though that when i pressed the throttle gas came out of thoses brass pipes in the carb necks which makes me think it's working fine. No dirt in carb filters but I checked the plugs for something to do and I found beads of water on the plugs. I'm thinking that there's water in my gas. If so would that make it stall on takeoff or at least make a difference to performance?

Gtx stalling on takeoff

If there's dirt in my accelerator pump will it come out eventually or will I have to take it apart? One screw will not unscrew and I'm scared that I might twist of the screw. If the pumpsquirts gas as soon as you throttle it, it must be working right? Any comments are welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back