1999 GSX LCD Gauges

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hga

Hello

New to the site. Have two GSXs, both bad info gauges. Went to replace film and learned the LCD is burn out.

the p/ns are 278001352, 471,360,

and I read somewhere 436 may match up. Recommendations welcomed. Thanks!

Hello

New to the site. Have two GSXs, both bad info gauges. Went to replace film and learned the LCD is burn out.

the p/ns are 278001352, 471,360,

and I read somewhere 436 may match up. Recommendations welcomed. Thanks!

How did you verify both are bad? So with the gauges removed and on the bench test neither light up when jumped with 12 volts? You need 2 positive wires hot on the info gauge to get it to activate. There should be a red/pur and the pur wire, connect to the blk wire for negative on the pur and blk wire plug.

The other alternative is buying a used gauge(s) from a parts house like westside powersports or ebay.

How did you verify both are bad? So with the gauges removed and on the bench test neither light up when jumped with 12 volts? You need 2 positive wires hot on the info gauge to get it to activate. There should be a red/pur and the pur wire, connect to the blk wire for negative on the pur and blk wire plug.

The other alternative is buying a used gauge(s) from a parts house like westside powersports or ebay.
I went to replace the film and did connect to power. The ignition light went on, the display did not. I did not do the other two tasks you recommend. I will try that. The LCD look burned out in the display area. I will try and update shortly. I have been searching eBay and OCD. I just sent note to westside powersports. Thanks for your assist.

I am testing the 471. There wasn't a pur/blk wire however there were a few other blk combos. nothing. the led1 did not go on either.

I am testing the 471. There wasn't a pur/blk wire however there were a few other blk combos. nothing. the led1 did not go on either.

I don't know what a 471 gauge is, all I know is all the wiring schematics I've looked at, including the one for either a 99' GSX RFI or Limited, and my 2 skis, a 97' GTX and a 96' GSX, the info gauges have a red/pur and a pur wire that both need to connect to 12 volts. Once you do this on the bench test, jumping these wires, along with a blk negative, it'll at least light up 12:00 on the display.

If you've got it apart or disassembled, double check the large connector that joins the LCD and main board for corrosion, sometimes cleaning/lubricating it helps. When you say burned out, do you mean the display looked cooked? Mine was black and badly burnt, I scrapped the old off and applied the new film, it looks like new now.

PC040298.JPG

I don't know what a 471 gauge is, all I know is all the wiring schematics I've looked at, including the one for either a 99' GSX RFI or Limited, and my 2 skis, a 97' GTX and a 96' GSX, the info gauges have a red/pur and a pur wire that both need to connect to 12 volts. Once you do this on the bench test, jumping these wires, along with a blk negative, it'll at least light up 12:00 on the display.

If you've got it apart or disassembled, double check the large connector that joins the LCD and main board for corrosion, sometimes cleaning/lubricating it helps. When you say burned out, do you mean the display looked cooked? Mine was black and badly burnt, I scrapped the old off and applied the new film, it looks like new now.

View attachment 45083

I will try and let you know. Had too many funerals to attend to get back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back