1998 speester- port engine will cut out but restart if turning left only

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today the boat was running beautifully for around 45 minutes. My daughter took the wheel and turned left to right a few times quickly whilst we we idling along. The port engine then died but restarted. A few minutes later it died again and this continued the whole way back to the jetty. It became harder to start to the point that it would only start if turning hard left.

If i then powered on the throttle whilst turning hard left the revs would rise, but if I then accelerated the starboard engine it would cause the port engine to stumble and die

If I just let the port engine go, it wouldnt take much for it to stumble and die.

The carbs were professionally rebuilt a few months ago with a genuine kit. The rectifier was replaced as this seemed to fix the problem of the port engine cutting out, but now its doin it again.

Also, im not sure if this is related or if its just because I tried starting the engine so much, but when i got te boat on the trailer it wouldnt start either engine and let out 4 sharp beeps. I have it on charge now to see if its ready to start in the morning

Any idea where to start looking?

4 beeps means the shifter is not in neautral and won't start. Put the key on and move the shifter around to see if you can get one beep.

Thanks jts, rookie mistake. Starboard engine started perfectly this morning, port engine needed 1/4 throttle and wouldnt hold idle.

There was a lot of black grime on the hull near the port jet. Ill pull the plugs and see what they tell me. Still not sure why it would start fine when turning hard left? Or cut out as the othe engine was accelerated?

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Just in case anyone else reads this and has the same issue, it lost compression in the mag side of the port engine. Rear was 150psi and front 0 psi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back