1998 seadoo gtx lmtd won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to jump the solenoid with a screw driver and it did attempt to fire right away. I can hit the start button and the dash turns on and when i hit it 5 times it does a short beep and then a long beep. I put the key on and the dash turns on and does 2 short beeps, when i hit the start button it does nothing no beeps no starting but after 10 seconds it gives a long beep. Even if i put the key on and it gives the 2 beeps and i never hit the start button after 10 seconds it still gives the long beep.The waverunner did sit with a dead battery for 2 years , wondering if the long beep means its not recognizing the key and i might need to have it programmed. Not sure if the post has issues any advice is appreciated.

I replaced the beeper finally and when i hit the start button 5 times it makes a short beep and then a long beep. I put the key on it does the 2 short beeps and then after 10 seconds it does one long beep but at no time does it make any attempt to start.

So when I read this post, I assumed you thought it would try and start on it's own. You didn't mention you pressed the start button. When we try and help trouble shooting over the computer I look at everything, I read this as you put the key on and it didn't attempt to start. I know very critical on my part but......you never know. It's all good, hopefully we can help you get it going.

So when I read this post, I assumed you thought it would try and start on it's own. You didn't mention you pressed the start button. When we try and help trouble shooting over the computer I look at everything, I read this as you put the key on and it didn't attempt to start. I know very critical on my part but......you never know. It's all good, hopefully we can help you get it going.

Thanks for the help, any and all advice and assistance is appreciated

Ok, the 2 short beeps means it recognizes the key. If pushing the start button does nothing it is more than likely the solenoid. If pushing the start button a bunch of times with the lanyard off turns on the gauges the start button is good. If leaving the lanyard on for more than 10 seconds and not touching anything gives a long beep it might just be a warning you left the lanyard on. My 2003 GTI will beep every 5 seconds if you leave the lanyard on with the engine off to remind you and is annoying as hell.

No, that tells you the starter, cables and battery are good. It also tells you the solenoid isn’t making the connection.

Did you ever get this problem solved as I have the same problem with my ski?
2 beeps with key in then a long beep after a few seconds.....

Did you ever get this problem solved as I have the same problem with my ski?
2 beeps with key in then a long beep after a few seconds.....
That long beeps typically means that it lost connection with the key, you could try cleaning the contacts.

Thanks mikidymac will give it a try tomorrow. Clean the post and the key. This might be the reason mine won't start. Thought I did notice a spare post in the ebox so I'm guessing someone's changed it before......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back