1998 Sea Doo GSX Limited - 12V Low

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSUchurldr

So if it’s showing that my volatage regulator/rectifier is bad via the 12V Low blinking on the dash... does that mean i have to buy a whole new MPEM for the machine. If it helps the key doesn’t beep when it is put in either. OR, does the 12V low just mean my battery is fried?

Check your voltage at the battery before and after starting it. If your reading more when the machine is running then the charging system is working and you might get away with just a fresh battery. You can also check the AC voltage coming from the charging coil just to confirm that the juice is getting to the MPEM.

I've seen others post that OSD has a kit to install an external regulator on units that had an internal one so that's something to check out.

Check your voltage at the battery before and after starting it. If your reading more when the machine is running then the charging system is working and you might get away with just a fresh battery. You can also check the AC voltage coming from the charging coil just to confirm that the juice is getting to the MPEM.

I've seen others post that OSD has a kit to install an external regulator on units that had an internal one so that's something to check out.

So i put the new battery in, got it to start on land( obviously with a hose plugged in), it would rev up... idled around 1250rpm. then when i’m water under load it wouldn’t turn over again. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back