1998 rave valve parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Dtrain55!

I looking to replace the 2 rubbers on my 1998 gtx rfi. I like to use oem when I can, kind of expensive from seadoo parts house. Any other places that I can search. Ive read aftermarket arent good. Can I use the solid ones I have seen on ebay. Any suggeations or thoughts would b appreciated. Thanks in advance

Not sure what you mean when you say solid ones? Maybe referring to the nylon valve? Anyways, OSD Marine, website is osdparts.com always has quality parts. You could try seadoowarehouse.com as well, also quality parts there, actually OEM. I usually stay away from eBay and Amazon for parts

I alwayse check osd first couldnt find any. Then looked again there r out of stock but checking on them. The 98 gtx rfi has a different number than the rest of years. Is it the same one and they just changed part numbers.? that happened alot I alwayse try and buy oem when I can afford it. If the aftermarket parts dont work then free isnt a good deal. Thanks for info

I alwayse check osd first couldnt find any. Then looked again there r out of stock but checking on them. The 98 gtx rfi has a different number than the rest of years. Is it the same one and they just changed part numbers.? that happened alot I alwayse try and buy oem when I can afford it. If the aftermarket parts dont work then free isnt a good deal. Thanks for info
Completely agree, I’m not sure if they are different or not. Later tonight if I get time I may have a look for fun. When I was looking for them for a MXZ I read reviews saying that the aftermarket ones were to stiff but then when I checked at the stealership they were crazy expensive so I took a chance on some vertex for the snowmobile. Ended up working fine but could easily have been a waste of money too. No risk when buying OEM. Are you in desperate need? If not probably best to wait till OSD has them in stock. Did you check seadoowarehouse?

osd says they will b in stock in 10-14 days for oem. they do have osd brand. R they as good? $20 difference each. ski has been running great all season couple weeks ago starting to hesitate alittle in the power curve 4300-5000 then takes off Im going to clean raves and thought Id just put in new while Im at it

My opinion for what it’s worth is I would go ahead and clean them up and inspect the bellows. If the bellows are good, no real reason to replace them. I would have confidence buying the OSD brand over OEM only because I feel they are the type of company that wouldn’t sell a product that wouldn’t work.

Back