1998 gtx rfi power loss

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan4440

1998 gtx rfi has serious loss of power. I replaced the fuel pump and it still barely runs. Any suggestions? I can’t even find someone to try reading the codes

This is from the 1998 Seadoo GTX RFI shop manual:

ENGINE STARTS BUT RUNS POORLY:
If the engine starts but runs poorly, the following items should be verified in this order:– check spark plug condition– check fault codes in the ECU memory– check fuel pressure– check TPS adjustment
If some work has been performed on the unit,make sure injector wire connectors were not mixed.
It is also possible that the RAVE solenoid connector be mixed with one of the injector connector. Refer to the wiring diagram for wire colors and positions

This is from the 1998 Seadoo GTX RFI shop manual:

ENGINE STARTS BUT RUNS POORLY:
If the engine starts but runs poorly, the following items should be verified in this order:– check spark plug condition– check fault codes in the ECU memory– check fuel pressure– check TPS adjustment
If some work has been performed on the unit,make sure injector wire connectors were not mixed.
It is also possible that the RAVE solenoid connector be mixed with one of the injector connector. Refer to the wiring diagram for wire colors and positions
I just checked compression and have no compression in rear cylinder. Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back