1998 GTX Limited Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavison

My 98 GTX Limited has lost it's top end speed. The ski runs perfectly when attached to the hose on the trailer, but will not get over 4000 rpm in the lake. I have cleaned the carb, cleaned the Rave valves, replaced the reed petals, and blown out the gas lines and fuel valve. Any suggestions? Could it be the pressure regulator?

Might try pulling the fuel baffle out and see if any crap is clogging up the screen on the bottom.

Also might look at the fuel valve. Sometimes when you think they are clean, they are still restricting flow. Might try bypassing it.

GTX Limited stalls/misses (governed) 4-5K RPM

Got the same thing here....I'm thinking it's something electronic or some sensor. Mine will quickly ramp up to 4-5K and then start missing like it's bieng governed somehow. Changed fuel lines...carb been rebuilt (professionally last time) plugs replaced and last thing I tried was replacing power pack (ignition coil) Could it be something with the electronic timing? I am REALLY thinking it's something like that. Typically with a fuel issue you can get it up to 4 grand and gun it and briefly pull the choke and see if it takes off for a couple of seconds. Mine makes no difference with this trick so I am assuming something electrical. I have an XP limited as well. I know both have basically same engine but are electrical components similiar? I was thinking about swapping computers, etc to find fault. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back