1997 SPX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Lilski169

I have 1997 SPX that will only crank for a few seconds if that, then sounds like the starter is spinning. Not trying to crank what so ever.

Was told it could be the bendix key! $25 part.

Does that sound right?

Is pulling the motor truly necessary to replace that part?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

could also be a weak battery, weak starter, or even the solenoid is not making good contact, or even bad grounds can keep the starter from running strong. or the flywheel gears could be stripped.

Yes you need to pull the motor to pull the bendix. it involves pulling the flywheel which even if it could be done in the hull, would be a nightmare.

could also be a weak battery, weak starter, or even the solenoid is not making good contact, or even bad grounds can keep the starter from running strong. or the flywheel gears could be stripped.

Yes you need to pull the motor to pull the bendix. it involves pulling the flywheel which even if it could be done in the hull, would be a nightmare.
Brand new battery from the box, and also had a brand new solenoid as I’ve had issues with them before In my x2. I didn’t wanna hear taking the motor out is the best way. Lol my x2, no problem. This SPX… whoa! Lol

Oh man. So sorry. I have been working on a couple Yamahas that have a separate bendix. Thanks Toby for correcting

Back