1997 speedster reverse gate issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcwille117

Background: I have been having a hellacious time with one engine cavitating on my brother's 97 speedster with 717 engines. both engines were cavitating, installed new wear rings and impellers on both and that fixed the problem for a while then one engine started cavitating again. this is where I came in. the tunnel had some serious chunks/chips/gouges so i epoxied that over and replaced the carbon shaft seal. don't know if that fixed the cavitation because here is where I hit a wall before I could put it in the water.

Putting it all back together everything went smooth and lined up like it should, but when I was testing out the controls to double check for binding and alignment the reverse gate "latch" when it is in forward will not unlatch when you try and move the shifter from forward to neutral. I tried adjusting the eyelet on the end of the cable but nothing I am doing seems to be fixing it. Any advice on how to fix this? has anyone had this problem?

Replace the latch. Over time, they wear a groove and prevent it from shifting.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back