1997 Speedster exterior mats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzie88

Happy New Year everyone. Quick question... I'm looking at buying a set of mats for my speedster.

I noticed the engine cover is different on the 1996 Speedster vs the 1997 Speedster and the mats are different. The 1997 mats do not have the large pieces that cover the sides of the cover like the 1996 (pictures below). I know the '97 has the small storage area on top and that's what the mats are around. My real question is do the 96' and '97 have the same size platform on the back? If I buy the '96 mats and use the side mats, will they fit on the back platform or is it bigger/smaller? I know I won't be able to use the center mat because it will cover the storage area, but I'd rather have the side mats anyways.

Is the interior mats the same between the 1996 and 1997? They look the same, but I want to make sure before I buy (I can save money if I buy both interior and exterior mats together).

Speeedster Mats3.jpg 1996 Version. I'd rather have the two outer mats... my gel coat is cracking around that area and I'd like to cover it up.
Speeedster Mats1.jpg1996 Version
Speeedster Mats2.jpg1997 Version

I have both boats but they are in different locations. I'll be around the 96 in a couple days and can take a pic if that helps.

That would be great. I just want to know if the back platform is the same size/shape really. Then I can order the covers.

Thanks. You pick it up? How many do you have? I ended up buying the black tip jetsports mats (interior and exterior). I’ve been installing them as I get the areas buffed out.

Looking for someone to do some new decals/graphics. I removed all the ones that made it look super 90’s and have some ideas to modernize it. I don’t want to wrap it completely.

2A9F495A-C579-439B-A366-503816B0156A.jpeg23B9CBE7-8970-4E89-BAEE-F921662E54DA.jpeg

That's looking nice. I have a dead 96 basket case(but complete) someone drug me for under $500. I can always sell it as is to bail out and that's probably what I'll do.
That guy says the engines start in his 96 but I don't like working upside down so I tend to just keep pumping out skis.
I have a low hour 97 that I sold a friend a few years ago It sat the last couple years and he bought my Sportster 4-Tec this summer so he has asked me to freshen it up and sell it for him. I'll put a few rides on it before I list it.

Yah, I think I’m gonna have the engines checked out before I take it out just to make sure nothing is wrong with them that could leave me stranded. I think something electrical is pulling power from the battery bc it was dead with nothing on and it’s brand new. Installing a kill switch this weekend to keep the battery from always being connected until I can trace the root cause.

Thanks. You pick it up? How many do you have? I ended up buying the black tip jetsports mats (interior and exterior). I’ve been installing them as I get the areas buffed out.

Looking for someone to do some new decals/graphics. I removed all the ones that made it look super 90’s and have some ideas to modernize it. I don’t want to wrap it completely.

View attachment 38908View attachment 38909

Did you get new graphics yet?

Happy New Year everyone. Quick question... I'm looking at buying a set of mats for my speedster.

I noticed the engine cover is different on the 1996 Speedster vs the 1997 Speedster and the mats are different. The 1997 mats do not have the large pieces that cover the sides of the cover like the 1996 (pictures below). I know the '97 has the small storage area on top and that's what the mats are around. My real question is do the 96' and '97 have the same size platform on the back? If I buy the '96 mats and use the side mats, will they fit on the back platform or is it bigger/smaller? I know I won't be able to use the center mat because it will cover the storage area, but I'd rather have the side mats anyways.

Is the interior mats the same between the 1996 and 1997? They look the same, but I want to make sure before I buy (I can save money if I buy both interior and exterior mats together).

View attachment 38848 1996 Version. I'd rather have the two outer mats... my gel coat is cracking around that area and I'd like to cover it up.
View attachment 388461996 Version
View attachment 388471997 Version

Did you ever get your answer? The hood for the 96 & 97 are the same. The 96 has the compartment just like the 97...but they never cut the hole for the door. So yes, you can use the 96 pads on the 97 hood. Here is what my 97 looks like

Attachments

• 20181202_155345.jpg
    20181202_155345.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Yah, I think I’m gonna have the engines checked out before I take it out just to make sure nothing is wrong with them that could leave me stranded. I think something electrical is pulling power from the battery bc it was dead with nothing on and it’s brand new. Installing a kill switch this weekend to keep the battery from always being connected until I can trace the root cause.

A kill switch us a great idea. You cannot put a charger on the battery while connected to the MPEM otherwise it will fry the MPEM. And its a pain to disconnect the battery each time just to charge it. I installed a kill switch in the side of my MPEM box and charger posts in an easily accessible location. This way I can kill it and hook to battery maintainer to keep the battery full and ready whenever I want to go out it the boat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190310-232404_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190310-232404_eBay.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20190310-232717_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190310-232717_eBay.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 9
As long as it is a low amp smart charger like a battery tender it will not fry the MPEM. It is the older high amp and boost chargers that can fry your MPEM.

But to be the safest, yes disconnect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back