1997 Seadoo XP - runs but then shuts off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

moredana

Hi - I have 2 - 97 Seadoo XP's - one runs great - the other has been a bit of a lemon - broken steering cable - replaced vts module - safety post - list goes on. The same machine now has an issue with staying on. On the trailer fires up no problem and as well fires up in the water and can ride for 15-20 min. Then it just shuts off- completely loses power, may fire up again once or twice but shuts off even sooner then. Any thoughts? Thinking it may be the computer module as over the past couple years the machine has a hard time reading the key in the spring. How much are the modules?

Well i replaced the the saftey post last summer if thats what a dess post is - rather then running the cords right to the mpem module - i spliced in the new wires using butt connectors - later i used marrettes - you think it might be that? should i solder and heat shrink the connections or run it right through to the computer?

is it possible to be the MPEM - or would that just not work at all?
thanks bills86e

do compression test. If it comes down to it, switch computers an keys, then go try.

so thanks guys - i switched the computers between the 2 machines and no issues - i am assuming that i had a loose connection does make sense? MPEMS either work or they don't right? they won't work off and off?

aint the mpem. Try the dess post, switch the elect box guts..etc. Cool/lucky, you got same skis to pinpoint problem.

so when you put a different MPEM in, she ran out fine? Just checking because i have a 97 which is acting the same way yours did...just shuts off all the time now tho.:ack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back