1997 seadoo xp 3 or 4 gauge units

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daytona20

It seems to me that some of the 1997 seadoo xp's came with 3 gauges and some with 4 gauges. I am currently looking at a 3 gauage unit. Are there any differences between the 3 gauge and 4 gauge seadoos?

Most 97 XP's came with 3 gauges (speedometer, VTS, Gas with oil light). There was an option for a 4th to put a tachometer kit in the small 56mm spot as an accessory when new. Mine came with 3 gauges but I got a large 86mm Tachometer from a 98 XP and put it where the VTS gauge was. I put a small VTS gauge in the spot that did not have a gauge. You have to run a wire from Connector 1 pin 2 of the MPEM to the new tachometer. I'll post a before and after picture later tonight.

97 XP Dash Upgrade

Here is the before picture.
168.jpg

Here is the after picture.
169.jpg

I have a question....I decided to add a large tach from a 98 XPL also and bought one along with a small XPL VTS. I haven't looked at the MPM module yet....pain due the location compared to the XPLs.....

Do I need to buy any connector for the MPM connector or is it already there and I only need to solder a wire to the connector plug? Are the connectors similar to the ones throughout the craft or are these unique in style?

Thanks

You need to buy the pin that slides into the hole on the existing connector. It is part number 278000995. This pin clips on the new wire you run and slides into the open hole (pin 2) on existing connector 1.

Thanks,

I took it apart already and was trying to find the part number..I would have orderd the wrong part!

Seems like a pretty simple conversion to give it the same setup as the XPL...I still run a Tiny Tach Commercial too on the handlebar mount...directly on top of the Seadoo logo...works great.

do they make a small RPM gauge to go in the empty spot for a 97xp? i think i found one on ebay....

would that be a direct plug and play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back