1997 seadoo challenger bogging, fouling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

petrie502

Hello,
I have a 1997 Seadoo Challenger jet boat. The motor was recently rebuilt in 2006 by the guy I bought it from. The boat is great and we love it but when I turn the petcock on 100% it will run fine the first time but once I slow down and idle and try to take back off the thing boggs and cant get over 5000 rpm's. Now I have found that I can do one of two things I can put new plugs in and its fine until I slow down again or I can turn the petcock on 75% instead of 100% and it does fine all day so this is how I have been running it. Even though I run it this way sometimes it still boggs when I slow down to remedy this I reach down turn the petcock off a little more until the boat kicks back up then turn it back to 75%. I have been doing this for weeks now it doesnt seem to hurt the boat but its kind of a pain Please tell me what is going on PLEASE!!:ack:

duude...never tried that trick...i just pop the choke, and would hall a**, until brought to idle...changed/replaced everything, EVERYTHING...come to find, my carbs were not pop'n consistantly(needle and seat assy).Dude, drove me nuts, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back