1997 Seadoo Challenger 1800 1 engine lagging

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenR

Hi all, im new to the forum and boat ownership. I just bought a 1997 Seadoo Challenger 1800. The issue im having is that on acceleration the port engine sticks at about 5000 rpm for 15 or 30 seconds while the starboard engine is at 7000 rpm. After 15-30 seconds the port engine will go up to 7000 rpm and stay there but again sticks around 5000 rpm any time i decelerate. I compression tested and all cylinders were around 145 psi. The prior owner thought the rave valve could be causing the issue. He rebuilt the rave valves and when he put them back on he said the problem switched from the starboard engine to the port engine. I was thinking of ordering 2 new rave valves for the port engine from ebay (~$140 each). Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? Thanks for any help.

Hi all, im new to the forum and boat ownership. I just bought a 1997 Seadoo Challenger 1800. The issue im having is that on acceleration the port engine sticks at about 5000 rpm for 15 or 30 seconds while the starboard engine is at 7000 rpm. After 15-30 seconds the port engine will go up to 7000 rpm and stay there but again sticks around 5000 rpm any time i decelerate. I compression tested and all cylinders were around 145 psi. The prior owner thought the rave valve could be causing the issue. He rebuilt the rave valves and when he put them back on he said the problem switched from the starboard engine to the port engine. I was thinking of ordering 2 new rave valves for the port engine from ebay (~$140 each). Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? Thanks for any help.
Rave valves could be the issue I would pull them check the baffles for tears. Make sure the springs are all there. There's a spring under the cap and two on the baffle that seal the edges. Also check your carb settings the high-speed needle should be closed and the low speed at 1.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back