1997 gtx. Tips after sitting for years?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no load on the engine so it will spin to full rpm easily with no resistance. Don't worry how it rev's on the trailer.
That's exactly what makes me worry. Mine won't rev to the limit on the trailer but you say (and I think) that it should easily, since it has no load on it.

Last edited:
THey can be deceiving on the trailer and sound like they are not reaching full rpm.
Trust me and get it in the water. As I said before trying to listen to the engine on the trailer is pointless.

I got my
THey can be deceiving on the trailer and sound like they are not reaching full rpm.
Trust me and get it in the water. As I said before trying to listen to the engine on the trailer is pointless.
I fixed my info center so I can read the RPM now, not just going by ear. BTW the ski has under 195 hours now and I've ridden it for under 2 hours so far, just for anyone whos keeping track.

Went to upgrade my lift today and noticed the ski was pretty full of water from just sitting in the water for a few hours. It was bone dry before I put it in the water to do my lift upgrade. I don't see any obvious cracks on the bottom or streams of water coming in but its really hard to see around all the components inside. Any common places where water can seep in through the hull or is it most likely cracked somewhere?

Carbon seal. Especially since you've been revving the engine out of water the carbon seal doesn't get any cooling (even with the hose hooked up) and quickly overheats.

Keep running out of water to a minimum even on a water hose, it's not best to go revving the engine out of water either.

Carbon seal. Especially since you've been revving the engine out of water the carbon seal doesn't get any cooling (even with the hose hooked up) and quickly overheats.

Keep running out of water to a minimum even on a water hose, it's not best to go revving the engine out of water either.
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I didn't see any water coming in there. I also checked this when riding a few weeks ago and no leaking then either. CS is brand new so I wanted to make sure it was holding after replacing it. When I said I revved it out of the water, it was only briefly after flushing it after a ride to purge excess water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back