1997 gsx wont do nothing need help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckaroo28

I replace the solenoid and the starter 4 months ago put in water ran for 5 min turned it off and wen to start it back nothing it wont do nothing wont crank need help thinking it's the starter are maybe that mpem box

I replace the solenoid and the starter 4 months ago put in water ran for 5 min turned it off and wen to start it back nothing it wont do nothing wont crank need help thinking it's the starter are maybe that mpem box

Aftermarket starter? Are you getting 2 beeps and hearing the solenoid or starter click? what's the battery charge look like?

Hey man yea it aftermarket start yep shearing 2 beeps what does that mean ..battery brand new as well bought off amazon ima test it and see
Aftermarket starter? Are you getting 2 beeps and hearing the solenoid or starter click? what's the battery charge look like?

Not sure if I'm hearing the solenoid click I belive it's the starter I'm hearing ...the electric start are whatever cuz it ain't coming from the box with the solenoid

2 beeps means the key is recognized. After market starters dont tend to last very long best to get a used oem starter and a rebuild kit. Need to make sure battery is fully charged and load test it. It is possible to get a bad new battery

2 beeps means the key is recognized. After market starters dont tend to last very long best to get a used oem starter and a rebuild kit. Need to make sure battery is fully charged and load test it. It is possible to get a bad new battery
What a gosh website to get the used starter and rebuild kit

Put used oem starter in and it turn over but doesn't crank , it beeps 2 twice then stay beeping for like 30 seconds continuous beep

Not sure, try disconnecting the temp sensor on the head.
Two beeps means it recognizes the lanyard and is ready to start. THe one long beep is strange and makes me thing overheating alarm.

OSDparts.com is a great website for OEM Sea Doo parts.

It sounds like there is a poor connection between the key and the DESS post or a bad MPEM.

Per the shop manual:

2 short beeps(while installing safety lanyard on watercraft switch)
Cause: Everything is correct with the safety lanyard(good contact and right lanyard cap)
Remedy: Engine can be started normally

1 long beep(when installing the safety lanyard on watercraft switch or when pressing start/stop button in some cases)
Cause: Bad connection between the safety lanyard cap and switch, wrong safety lanyard, salt water in safety lanyard cap or improper operation of MPEM or defective wiring harness
Remedy: Push and turn the safety lanyard on the switch until 2 short beeps are heard to indicate the system is ready to allow engine starting, use the safety lanyard that has been programmed for the watercraft. If it does not work. Check safety lanyard condition with a programmer. Replace lanyard, if reported defective. If it still does not work, enable more detail about the failure, clean safety lanyard cap to remove any salt water, enable advanced diagnostic mode to obtain more detail about the failure
*Section 08 Electrical System Sub Section 06 (Digitally Encoded Security System) Page 08-06-03
This section will give more detailed information about your safety lanyard. So download the manual to help further.

4 long beeps(while installing the lanyard onto the watercraft switch)
Cause: Watercraft MPEM cannot communicate with the DC-CDI module(XP model only)
Remedy: Check fuse on relay located in the conventional electrical box or check connector between MPEM and DC-CDI modules

8 short beeps
Cause: Defective MPEM
Remedy: Replace MPEM

Continuous Beep
Cause: Engine overheating
Remedy: Refer to Troubleshooting 03-00

Download the shop manual to learn how to troubleshoot your model of pwc at seadoomanals.net

Last edited:
Please confirm if it is a long beep or a continuous beep as they are quite different causes and solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back