1997 GSI - High Speed Surge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Howell

Hi, I'm new to the board but have owned Sea Doos for many years. My problem is with a 1997 GSI (low hours and senior ridden). Just recently developed a surge at high RPM's (above appros 5500).
Run perfect at 5000 RPMs and below and good idle. At high RPMs the engine will stall (like starving for fuel) then rev back up and run fine for a short distance then stall again. Repeats this cycle until I drop to slower speed.

I have been told there is a diaphram (spell?) in the Carb that acts as fuel pump and this maybe bad.

I will appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Thanks, Jim

Thank for the reply Mike. The fuel lines are original, nothing has been changed. I've owned the machine since new.

Jim

You are describing a fuel delivery problem. As the gray hoses age, they goo up the fuel system. This is so common, you will finds lots of threads devoted to this problem. The solution is to replace all the fuel lines with black automotive fuel lines, clean out or replace the fuel selector switch, and clean the carbs. The carbs have two small internal screen filters, and small fuel passages that will plug up easily.

Also check your fuel / water separator for evidence of water in the fuel, as that may cause running issues, as well.

Don't run your Seadoo until you fix the problem, as a lean condition will destroy your motor.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back