1997 challenger 1800 battery disconnect power switch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMLseadoo

Hey all,
I broke the red knob off of my battery disconnect on my 97 challenger 1800 the other day. I have looked through the exploded views for a part number but can't find it. Did these boats come with a battery disconnect installed at the factory? I see some forum post where people are talking about adding them, so that's why I'm asking.

If they are factory installed can someone provide me with a part number.

If they are not factory installed I'll try to provide some pictures so that we can identify it. It looks to me that the red knob has to come off to allow the switch to be installed. The knob is larger than the 1/2" hole that the nose of the switch sticks through the fiberglass. So It looks to me tha the hole was drilled and the body of the switch is installed and the knob installed.

Pretty sure seadoo didn't install them until 98. So you're was probably installed by a previous owner. It's probably a perko unit. Post a pic. The OEM ones were also recessed so you can't break the knob off.

Yeah, this one isn't recessed. I was standing outside of the boat and turned the switch the wrong way. and broke off the knob.

I had saw all the factory ones being resessed. I had the thought of buying a later model and cutting it in.

1589853230972.png
THe knob that I broke off kinda had this shape.
But the body of the switch had a long nose on it much like this switch.
1589853330396.png
Combine these two and you have my broken switch. I'll pull it and see if I can find a manufacturers name on the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back