1996 speedster 717 motor is very hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaky

I have twin 717 motors. The starboard engine and tuned pipe, engine and manifold is hot when running water through the starboard engine. the port engine is nice and cool when running water through it. Purchased and replaced tuned pipe and problem still exists. Swapped tuned pipes with good engine and the problem stays with the starboard engine. I have the engine cooling system diagram and would like to troubleshoot it with someone knows what possible could go wrong.

Please advise.

Thanks

does water run out of the back of the boat when you hook up the hose? you are in Florida, so has it been used in salt water? my guess is that the cylinder heads are full of corrosion.

I have twin 717 motors. The starboard engine and tuned pipe, engine and manifold is hot when running water through the starboard engine. the port engine is nice and cool when running water through it. Purchased and replaced tuned pipe and problem still exists. Swapped tuned pipes with good engine and the problem stays with the starboard engine. I have the engine cooling system diagram and would like to troubleshoot it with someone knows what possible could go wrong.

Please advise.

Thanks
Most likely a plugged line somewhere....start pulling hoses and make sure water can flow through them.....running on a hose should help pinpoint the problem pretty quickly.....I once discovered a vegatation plug inside one of my cooling hoses (the tip-off was NO WATER coming OUT of the tell-tale pisser while running on the hose on the driveway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back