1996 Speedster 717 Ignition Coil -> Alternative Replacement?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slider20

Hello Community,

Im Max from Germany and my friend has a 1997 Seadoo Speedster with the Rotax 717 engine.

Problem was that after the the engine stopped after a short ride.

My friend first constituted that the MPEM was broken. Reasons for this diagnosis was that the fuse which was put in by the former owner was to big and there was some water in the system compartment. He purchased the MPEM Conversion Kit with 2 JetSki MPEMs from OSD Marine.

We checked the complete electric wiring according to the Troubleshooting thread here in the forum (Thanks for that)

Our diagnosis is not that the ignition coil 204470005 with integrated CDI is broken on starboard and portside.

Problem is: It is not possible to buy this ignition coil in europe or elsewhere in the word! Nether on eBay or on any other webside.

So my question would be: Is there another coil which may is compatible.
->Are the ignition coils compatible from other Rotax 717 SeaDoo Speedsters?
There are some others available on the market.

We would like to buy at least one to check if one engine will work.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards from Germany,

Max

Last edited:
Sorry to push the thread.

Did any one ever used a another (Nr.) ignition coil for a sea doo boat which was not the same Nr. as was installed?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Max

Just Google "seadoo 720 ignition coil" I found tons new and used. Any one should work, I am fairly certain they are all the same for the 720 engine

Hello Mraw

First off all, thanks for your answer!
Im little bit aware of the fact that in the existing coil(which was installed) the CDI unit is integrated, otherwise the function would be from my point of view the same for every Rotax 717.

So you this would mean, as long as the ignition coil is for Rotax 717 is for a Sea Doo and the CDI function is integrated, it should work?

Thanks for any reply!

Best regards from Germany!

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back