1996 seadoo GTX replacement part

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth0228

Can I replace old part with the new?
452.jpg

All the ones I have seen are black but yes, they just thread on.
If your old one was melted then installing a new cap will not fix your problem. It will just melt like the old one. To stop the melting you have to replace the entire valve and aluminum body.

All the ones I have seen are black but yes, they just thread on.
If your old one was melted then installing a new cap will not fix your problem. It will just melt like the old one. To stop the melting you have to replace the entire valve and aluminum body.
Are you talking about the rave valves? My caps were melted also. Replace them but haven't run enough to melt down again.

I take it there's too much clearance between the valve and aluminum housing letting heat up in there to melt them down?

Yes that is correct. If the threaded cap is melting you need to replace the valve itself and the aluminum housing.
You could try replacing the o-ring first if it is hard but it doesn't always work.

You can try the new cap first and see if it melts.
Also if the fuel system is running lean it can make the exhaust hot enough to melt them.
How do your spark plugs look?

Just really got it running right. Will find out this coming week what she does. Hope I got all the bugs worked out of it. I will keep an eye on the Rave valves though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back