1996 Sea Doo Sportster Bombardier forgot to put the plugs in.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpgAttached here should be what the previous starter looked like after pulling it out. It’s also very oily.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 12
Why is one of your exhaust manifold bolts sticking out,,,you will letting water in your cylinders and burn water,,,which doesn’t work,,,sometimes a sunken motor will not run right because water got into the fuel pump side of the carb,,,it won’t pump properly,

Why is one of your exhaust manifold bolts sticking out,,,you will letting water in your cylinders and burn water,,,which doesn’t work,,,sometimes a sunken motor will not run right because water got into the fuel pump side of the carb,,,it won’t pump properly,
I took the picture mid fastening the bolts down after removing them to put in the starter. It's secured down again.

Attached is what happens when I try starting it.

I hope this drive link works. It’s got the video. No more smoking though from what I see

Google Drive: Sign-in

Attachments

• 091945EC-B015-484E-B933-B5CA1A30593D.jpeg
    091945EC-B015-484E-B933-B5CA1A30593D.jpeg
    426.9 KB · Views: 14
So I changed out the starter, this got the engine to kick. Took out the spark plugs and now I’m getting a mixture of water and oil spurting out of the 2 stroke. I’ll post the link of the video but could I get some guidance on the next steps for this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 6
Now you want to keep cranking the engine with the plugs out to purge any water in there. Put a rag over the plug holes and crank a few seconds at a time until it’s clear. You may want to add a a bit of oil down the holes now and then as I’d be concerned it’s already started to rust and may seize on you.
Then change the plugs and try and get it to start. Take it to the lake and run the piss out of it to burn off any water. Stay close to the shore in case you run into problems. If you’ve managed to save it, and it ever happens again, get that water out ASAP, as in as soon as you find it.

Ummm, I am no expert, but this engine was flooded almost 2 months ago now. Isn't it safe to say things must have started rusting by now and at the very least an engine teardown would be in order for a proper inspection? I feel like even if you get it going at this point you are asking for trouble. I would hate for you to get stranded somewhere. All I know is the owners manual you need to drain by water asap and run it right away. Like same day. Just a question for the people more experienced than I.

Don't ad oil thru the plugs all its gonna do is blow back out or out the exhaust.turn it over till you get most of whatever is in the cyl.make sure to turn the fuel off and ground the plug wires.after you get most of it out put plugs in and try and fire it off.repeat till it starts.and keep drying the plugs in between trying to fire it.once running you can fog it thru the carbs only.or just go out and put a few hours on it then fog after you use it

Ummm, I am no expert, but this engine was flooded almost 2 months ago now. Isn't it safe to say things must have started rusting by now and at the very least an engine teardown would be in order for a proper inspection? I feel like even if you get it going at this point you are asking for trouble. I would hate for you to get stranded somewhere. All I know is the owners manual you need to drain by water asap and run it right away. Like same day. Just a question for the people more experienced than I.
Sometimes if they sit with water they will survive its when you introduce oxygen by trying to start the real damage starts

I have been starting the engine for a few seconds every time. Had been spitting out water. Now when I put the key in and hit the ignition it does the standard 2 beeps and then gives me 3 beeps. It doesn’t turn the engine anymore. Trying to figure out what caused it because I had the holes covered with a rag, no water was getting anywhere.

What’s your battery reading? Any blown fuses? I lost a few fuses after getting submerged. I had to go through every connection to get water out and even added dielectric grease here and there.

Gosh, I’m an idiot. The lever was bumped. It’s back to cranking now. Continuing to purge fluid. Only a small cloud is coming out. Is there any other way to purge the water or use a compressor, hvac to suck it out?

Don't ad oil thru the plugs all its gonna do is blow back out or out the exhaust.turn it over till you get most of whatever is in the cyl.make sure to turn the fuel off and ground the plug wires.after you get most of it out put plugs in and try and fire it off.repeat till it starts.and keep drying the plugs in between trying to fire it.once running you can fog it thru the carbs only.or just go out and put a few hours on it then fog after you use it
The owners manual suggests adding oil while purging, and it’s always worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back