1996 gtx starting issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

partfish

Hey, newbie here. I have a 96 gtx that i got running/starting like new. All of the sudden its not starting im getting the 2 beeps when keys put on but thats it! I found the positive post washer broke on starter. New starter and relay still same results. Thanks in advance

If jumping the solenoid posts cause it to crank then that eliminates the starter and cables.
It would them point to the start/stop button or the solenoid.
Does the solenoid click when you push the button?
I would check all fuses too.

Solenoid is new. There is no click just the 2 beeps! If I hold the start-stop button down it will do one long beep

Check the continuity on the switch leads to see if it is working.

Where did you get the solenoid? Some of the cheap Chinese ones can be bad out of the box.

Then it must either be the switch or the MPEM not supplying power to it.

I would also just check all your ground connections as they can cause strange issues too.

I have an intermittent problem with the starter. I get nothing a whole bunch of times... then is starts and runs fine. my info center is disconnected to I get no beeps to tell me anything. May be the holder relay. I had problems with the old one and this used one does not have good readings either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back