1996 GTX Cavitation Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
No t cheap that’s why I said if stealership had it off they should of aligned engine
You could remove pump and shaft and ask them to check alignment as the pump and shaft is off it should be cheaper
Under an hour to check and no more than two hours to adjust
Requires shims to adjust

When I pulled skis apart for scrapping I kept the bellows cuz i figured I could reuse them. I believe the best method is to replace them. The new seals I've been using give more crush because they are thicker but those old bellows take a compression set over the years and end up shorter which reduces the amount of pressure and bad things can happen.

With regard to alignment it is a good idea to check every time. It really is critical. Check the torque on those engine bolts often.

Will this work on a 96 GTX?

I think you are much better off with the original OEM seal set up.

I installed the older set up on my 1996 SPX and thought is was pretty cool I do prefer less moving parts afforded by the newer set up. Easy simple and it works. Good Luck

Will this work on a 96 GTX?

It should work. I put one on my 97 gtx and the o-ring groove was not inside the bearing/seal area. I put one in because I was tired of second guessing the carbon ring which never wore centered and it was cheaper to throw in the old style seal assembly when it was time to replaced the carbon seal.

Well... I think I have found my cavitation cause.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
The original oring for the nose cone caused allowed water to leak on. Then this bearing failed. The pump had water in it again. I think the seals are bad in the pump so I’m going to rebuild it all. Hopefully this will stop the cavitation.

I buy my parts from thejetskistore in Clearwater
Great service

Address: 8440 43rd St N
Pinellas Park FL 33781
Phone: (727) 329-8940
855-5-JETSKI

SBT sell them I don’t think they rent

Thejetskistore sell the SBT one too but I think they offer a good discount
Speak to Dave say Gary sent you

SBT sell them I don’t think they rent

Thejetskistore sell the SBT one too but I think they offer a good discount
Speak to Dave say Gary sent you

Technically SBT doesn't rent it, but if you read the return policy, they hold back from a full refund, like 50% or something. There's a percentage refund breakdown when less than 30 days returned, more than 30 days etc.

I bought it a couple years ago when it was about $150, every year it keeps going up. If you intend on jet sking and working on your own stuff for the next 5 yrs+ just get it now and you'll always have it.

What kind of shape is the shaft in? How is the lip seal surface, bearing surfaces and the thrust bearing surface? Need to rebuild the whole pump but make sure the shaft and housing are in good condition. Good Luck . :)

What kind of shape is the shaft in? How is the lip seal surface, bearing surfaces and the thrust bearing surface? Need to rebuild the whole pump but make sure the shaft and housing are in good condition. Good Luck . :)

Yes. If you found a bad bearing make sure everything else is new or in good shape before the pump goes back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back