1996 gti cut out while riding

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cd1075

I bought a 96 gti a couple of weeks ago and got it out for the first time today and all things considered it wasn't bad but at the end of the day after riding for a couple of hours it shut off and wouldn't restart. I have replaced the battery, all the fuel lines, installed an in line filter, cleaned the carbs, and replaced the plugs. I plan to check the compression and also make sure doing the fuel lines didn't clog the carb fuel filter after I cleaned it. Any other ideas or has anyone had a similar problem

I am one of the few here that doesn't recommend inline fuel filters. They can plug with water and sometimes restrict flow.
I also would suggest actually rebuilding the carbs with only Mikuni parts and replace the On/Off valve.

Have you pulled the spark plugs and lay them against the block while attached and check for a spark?

I bypassed the on off valve cause it was clogged and I wasn't getting enough fuel to the engine, I checked the plugs tonight and I wasn't getting a spark in one of them so I'll replace it tomorrow and see if it makes a difference

You can twist off the plug cap off and trim the wire back a quarter of an inch to get better voltage to the plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back