1995 XP Full Report with new (minor?) problem - Thank you Ankeneyou for your last help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shattered00

From the information provided by Ankeneyou in my previous post, I was able to fix the ski with a new hull fitting. I can't thank you enough for that help.

I took the ski out last weekend. First and foremost, the trip went almost without any problems and the ski ran great the majority of the time. Here is the breakdown.

I broke the engine in to the 10 hours and went to grease the driveshaft with synthetic grease, however, grease almost immediately came out of the nipple so either it is still full of grease or the nipple is clogged.

Idle was great at the beginning of the trip but near the end of the trip the ski would die if slight throttle wasn't given constantly (maybe related to the below problem or just need adjustment from rattling loose?). The ski went from starting right away at the beginning of the trip to taking about 5-10 seconds with choke, etc.

A few times, throttle was given and the ski didn't respond at all but when I would let off of the throttle and depress again, ski was very responsive - again maybe related to below problem?).

Speedometer stopped working and condensation got into the VTS gauge (which works) but I don't think that should be a major concern from what I have read.

The fuel selector (I have a new fuel selector internal switch) can be turned 360 degrees past its normal limitations with a slight amount of force. I am not sure if I installed it wrong but the fuel light came on and the reserve selection did not allow me to start the ski. I was close to shore just to test this out. Will have to re-examine and post pictures later to see if I have it all hooked up right.

Here is the latest problem that may be causing some of the above issues? I noticed that one of the four wires that goes into the harness that then plugs into the Stator/Magneto has broken off with pieces of the wire still inside the harness. What is the best way to fix this issue? I don't know how to solder and am not sure if this would even be a viable solution. I have looked for a replacement but I am not sure I am looking at the right parts since it looks slightly different than the ones on ebay and I don't know how it connects into the MPEM box? What do you guys and gals think?

Thank you as always for the informative responses. I also put in a pic of my new driveshaft hull fitting with the boot already on and sealed up!

Attachments

• IMG_3256.JPG
    IMG_3256.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3255.JPG
    IMG_3255.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3226.JPG
    IMG_3226.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
First I would replace that fuel valve with a new OEM one, they should never turn 360 degrees.
Nick at Westside Powersports @Minnetonka4me can hook you up with the valve and new MAG connector pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back