1995 XP 800 Unicorn

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scuby22

My first Sea Doo was a 93 xp and ever since then I was hooked. Over the years I've had 5 or 6 XP's, SPX, etc.... and that X-4 hull really is one of the greatest ever built. Well I'm old enough to remember when the XP 800 was introduced and there were so few of them out there I never actually saw one in person. I heard about them from friends on the weekends that had been to a race and there was nothing on the water that could catch it. I was quite happy with my 95 XP back then but I always wanted to see one of those pink hulls. Well back then the WEB wasn't what it is today so if you didn't see it in person then it didn't exist. It's been 25 years and I still found myself looking for one. Sure, I've seen a few "on the line" over the years but they were usually raced in a previously life or ridden hard and put up wet. The thought of trying to restore one with the single gauge pod and racing seat seemed very difficult. Trying to find one that is original seemed almost impossible. I've kept my eye out for XP's and when I see an X-4 these days the first place I end up looking is the rear of the hull. Every time I drive by a boat repair shop with a sea doo in the back I'm double checking to see if the X-4 hull is yellow, spx-black, or just maybe it has a little pink in it! Who'd have thought that just a little bit of pink in the bottom of a hull would have created so much buzzz over the years. I'm not even going to get into the existence of the 785's vs 800's or even the 782 vs 787 X's !!
119.gif

Well I finally have a Sea Doo I don't have to restore! It's a 1995 XP 787X with about 42 hrs on it and it runs like it's new. Being unrestored and with 42 hrs on it, this one seems like a unicorn to me!

Does anyone have any details on the difference between a 787 X and the other motors?

Attachments

• 787x3.jpg
    787x3.jpg
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 787x4.jpg
    787x4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
Yeah they are the same motor just bored to the first over size so they would be a production ski(500 or more produced) over 800cc. This made them legal to race in the 1200cc class.

You must replace the original grey fuel lines if that has not been done. I'd hit the carbs with OEM kits and needle/seats also. The wear ring will blow apart soon if it is original. Nice ski.

Nice. Thanks for the teaser pics. Now, how about a full centerfold. Sides, front, pop the top and let's see under the seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back