1995 spi no electrical power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajh_4

i have had some problems with my 1995 sea doo spi that have snowballed to it not having any electrical power

machine started out with a bad lanyard, switched the lanyard out and still nothing, swapped out with 2 more and never fixed it. The only thing that fixed it was to loop the wires together and bypass the lanyard

machine ran good and one day never started again

swapped out battery with brand new good battery and nothing, will not click or do anything

checked all fused and wires, everything was good.

if i jump the solenoid the ski will start cranking over and sound good.

any ideas where to start? all connections in mpem seem good and nothing is corroded.

this ski has been giving me anxiety for the last 2 year

I would look at the schematic in the service manual for your model. Check that the Start switch is providing a signal to the MPEM and that the MPEM is energizing the start solenoid and the solenoid shorts the two posts together (that you jumped to get the starter to crank). A common failure would be a bad start solenoid.

Additionally if you did not replace the post that the lanyard clips on to, you should try that. It has a switch that just shorts the 2 wires together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back