1995 Seadoo XP Start Stop Button Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

77Eltigre

Ive had issues where it will start and then randomly cut out, as well as it starting without touching the button. I pulled the plug for it and put it on the continuity meter, it shows continuity regardless of the button being pushed.

Common sense tells me that its got to be shot, but Im second guessing myself and want to see if anyone has any experience with them before I drop $150 on a new one

Thanks

I believe that the switch has only two wires and is normally open. This would be similar to one used on off road motorcycles for the kill or starter switch. They are usually pretty waterproof so I'd try one, at least for testing & it would be much cheaper than the original.

Ive had issues where it will start and then randomly cut out, as well as it starting without touching the button. I pulled the plug for it and put it on the continuity meter, it shows continuity regardless of the button being pushed.

Common sense tells me that its got to be shot, but Im second guessing myself and want to see if anyone has any experience with them before I drop $150 on a new one

Thanks
Im pretty sure a start stop swith is not $150 and more like $20.

yup,,,agreed,,,,$ 120 for a start stop button is nuts..you can cut into it…and clean the contacts,,,and then reseal with rtv

Back