1995 seadoo sportster 80hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsh111289

I'm just wondering if there is anyway to upgrade my complete engine with a newer 4tec one. Space, weight, size, matchup? I know this would be a big chore, but seeing if it would even be possible.

My sportster is in really good shape and I bought it for pennies basically. Just wanting to up the horsepower.

It's possible, but will be a LONG and expensive job. Someone here recently converted a 787 single engine challenger to a supercharged 4 tec. But the engine mounts and pump were so different he actually just grafted the pump area of the ski into the boat. Much easier to just sell what you have and upgrade to something else.

The cheapest, easyist, and fastest would be a 787 (110 hp)
As you only have to reglass new mounts in and get new carbs/electronics.

I'm pretty sure there's a company that makes engine mounts that converts a 717 mount into a Kawasaki triple mount

717 to 787 needs new mounts fiberglassed in but jet pump, drive shaft etc is all good just need carbs wiring and exhaust.
There is a special mount somone makes that bolts to your 717 mounts and accepts a kawasaki 1100 3 cylinder. What your looking into doing gets done to the hx fairly often. A 947/951 has a larger jet pump than all other 2 strokes but its not super hard to do if you are already fiberglassing in new mounts just swap the pump while youre at it. It would be ess work to just buy a different boat but whats the fun in that. Its not custom if it just bolts on.

Can this be done to a twin engine boat??? (and is that a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can this be done to a twin engine boat??? (and is that a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?)
How much time and money you got? Any thing can be done to any thing if you want it bad enough. All of these swaps ive mentioned are 2 strokes. A monkey could probably learn how to glass new mounts in and swap a 2 stroke for 2 stroke. A 155mm pump swap isnt rocket science either. I love my twin 787 boat, being the 1800 it could probably benefit from the 40 extra hp and 155mm pumps but i dont have time or money to find out. If i had one of the smaller twin boats Id be all about some swapin. Maybe some nitrous too[emoji35]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back