1995 seadoo hx problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1995hx

let me start off by saying im new to the pwc world. i recently bought a 1995 seadoo hx with a 720 motor in it the motor is fresh with about 5hrs on it but when i open it wide open throtle it sounds like it bounces off the rev limiter. (i'm a mechanic for ford so i kinda relate all this to cars sorry). what ive been told is that it is probably the wear ring so i ordered one and a impellor tool it seems pretty easy. can anyone help maybe give me a little advice thanks
Dennis

in the water i assume? on the trailer wide open it will bounce of limiter
in the water, what is the hole shot like? do you take off proper or is the engine reving quicker than you are accelerating? this would be a sign of cavitaion or airation of the pump, like a slipping clutch in a car
if someone has changed the prop to much, then the boat will over rev on top end, not sure what prop change would cause this? hmmm?
a prop for acceleration??
also make sure that the charging voltage at the battery when running does not exceed 14.5 volts there about,
recently had a gtx, 96-97 ish i forgets, but it sounded like and did hit the rev limiter about 5-6 k rpm. charge voltage over 16 volts, me thinks this was causing the mpem to go nuts, new reg/rect fixed this.
good luck , keep us posted
mud

thats exactly what its doing when u feather the throtle it does just fine but floor it and it goes no where

put the wear ring in the ski runs perfect with only 5 hrs on the motor and i only have $960 total in the ski the trailer and the parts. its aperfect ski to ride in the lakes around here. but does anyone have any suggestions on steering nozzles and jet nozzles cant really find any
Thanks for all the help

fuel lines

well i guess the previous owners didnt change the grey fuel lines went out yesterday and it started boging on me so i read on here how the fuel lines are crap so i took off my carbs and looked at the filters they were not horrible but the big filter on the side of my hull is loaded with crap so i will be replacing those lines this week. and with good timing we have a cold fron comming through but at least it will warm back up next week and i will be back on the water. love florida

no more grey fuel lines cleaned the carbs and a fuel filter and she is ready for the water when it warms back up on saturday guess its not gonna be as cold as i thought 72 is the high sounds like a good day of riding

no i didnt replace them i used soap and a brush to clean them, i saw it on another thread on here they looked good after i did that and it does have a inline filter so im good on that just wish i could have tried it today but it looks like crap here so maybe sunday.

acetone works well in cleaning the micro filters. Shoot seadoo wants 8 bucks a piece for those things..i would clean them too.
PC Junkie<
I have a 1996 HX that I have had since new. Love it.. I have never greased the Zirk fitting in the rear bonnet that the impeller shaft goes through. Now the Shaft is "Frozen" and I pulled off the pump and impeller and cant back the shaft out.. Any thoughts ?
Thanks !

blown motor

well i went for a ride on the lake near my house and the ski stoped in the middle of the lake it was locked up. i got back to shore after swimming with the ski and took the motor out to find a broken piston skirt dont know why it did this but it did and now it needs a rebuild so i need some advice on where to get a crank kit and pistons and a complete gasket kit i will make it better and be on the water by summer.
thanks
Dennis

Did you ever fix your motor? I am looking at a 1995 HX as well, how fast were you able to get up to when it was running? Also is this ski pretty similar to the XP hull of the same genre?

nope i ended up buying another one and selling the hull. I bought a 96 hx with a good motor and a single carb setup for 550 and put my dual carb and exhaust on it its completely stock but fun to ride. for the difference between the hx and xp im not sure but if your gonna get a hx get ready to be in the water a lot. but they are a ton of fun my stock ski goes 50.3 mph on my gps but my other hx which has factory pipe and buckshot carbs goes 56.4 on gps.
if you do decide to get a hx make sure it has good compression if it has less than 140 each cylinder id say let it go there are too many good ones for less than $1000. I have 3 hx's now and have less than $1500 in them all.

Awesome! Thanks for the info, looks like for my needs a tamer more stable model fits the bill, sounds like a sweet setup you got though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back