1995 seadoo gtx cylinder jugs!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd083

Hey everyone. On my gtx, somehow someway, both cyliner jugs cracked. I had water flowing in like crazy when i fired it up this year. I tore it down and saw that the both jugs have cracks. I have been searching looking for new ones. Im not sure how to go about getting them. Just in case this is the 657 model. Any insight would be very helpful. Thank you!!!

Check to see if the case is cracked also. It sounds like you did not winterize or there is sand trapped, and it did not drain before you winterized.

i checked the case out and the case appears to be fine. i thought for sure that i winterized it properly. I have been doing it myself for numerous years. made a mistake along the way this past winter somehow. thank you for the insight

Hey sorry im just getting back to you on this. My mom was in the hospital so i didnt have much time for anything. By chance do you still have those cylinder jugs available

You have a 95. That's a 657x motor. Make sure you get 657x jugs. 657 jugs will not work with the 657x head.

depending on the condition of the pistons, you might be better off doing a top end rebuild with new jugs...

The 657x cylinders are 1mm taller from the base gasket surface to the top thus moving the piston down in the bore 1mm at TDC. The 657x head has a squish band that is 1mm lower to compensate for the difference. The non x head has a 1mm relief cut into the squish bands. If you try to run non x cylinders with an x head you won't have enough squish clearance as the spec is right at 1mm of squish or just a hair over. That doesn't end well.

And BTW. Whoever you buy the cylinders off of. Don't take their word for it. I have found that not a lot of people know this detail. I had a shop send me x cylinders telling me there was no difference. Check the casting numbers. I have them in another post I will post them here for you once I look them up

Casting number 6913382 is a 657x cylinder. 6913380 is non x. And regardless you should check squish clearance once it's all together. Not enough and bad things happen. Too much and you'll loose low end torque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back