1995 GTX 657x Just Stops Running

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GK5188

Hello All,

Was out on my 95 GTX with the 657x motor yesterday and had been running it for about 30 minutes when all of a sudden the ski just shut down. It sounded like it ran of fuel, but I had plenty visual verified in the tank. I got it started and it did the same thing 4 times. Each time I would crank it up and get going after hold down the throttle WO. I made it back to the boat ramp before it shutdown for the last time. It would not crank at home. This AM, I walk by the ski, pulled the choke and it cranked.
Could this be a vapor lock on the gas tank or fuel system or something else?

Thanks, George

I always start at the battery,,,check that it is around 12.5,check the connections there,,,check the plugs,,,they may have fouled.,,,check the spark,,,should be nice and bright,,,that should be a good easy start,,,

Does the machine run different if you switch the fuel selector valve? I had my 97 gtx start dying at WOT, switched to reserve and it ran fine. Found the main tank line had plugged up at the selector valve fitting. Easy fix.

My 95 gtx did the exact same thing a few months ago.

I haven't had time to dig into it but I'm pretty sure it's the fuel selector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back