1994 seadoo xp starting issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

I have just bought a 1994 seadoo xp, have had trouble starting,I was told this was common, so I should crank engine until it starts, I was able to get it to run and ran it for awhile on the lake, after it sat I could not get to start again, and finally ran the battery down, this is my first jet ski and not sure what I need to do, I have owned boats all my life and bought this for boys to run around on while I sat and enjoyed the water.

Hey Dave, welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your start/run problems. This is definitely the right place to find ALL the answers you need on how to fix your ski. I also started with two 94 PWC's last June and had never worked on PWC's of any kind. Have been boating since the early 60's. Your best bet is to go to the 2-stroke PWC troubleshooting section and start a thread related to your problem(s). You will get plenty of really good advice. I jumped in as a premium member so I could get shop manuals on my ski's to help out-that's up to you.

Your symptoms sound a lot like my two skis, and XP and a GTX. And I had the previous owner take me to the lake and I rode them before purchase. Mine would both start and run good, but after they ran for a little bit they would start to run bad, bog down, hesitate etc. The hard start/no start after they get hot is typical of the carbs being gummed up and low fuel delivery due to the stopped up fuel sysem components. Gray fuel lines, dirty carburetors etc.

Good luck with your project. Pops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back