1994 Sea Doo XP - No Spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZacOlson95

Good Afternoon,

I just purchase my first SeaDoo for my girlfriend and I need some help trying to get this thing running. I’ve only owner stand up Kawasakis so I’m trying to intertwine my knowledge from those to this guy. I got this thing to fire up after a few attempts, but now for some reason I’m getting no spark. I was going to visually inspect the magneto but looks like you have to pull the flywheel off…
These are a few questions that I have…

I tested with a volt meter and I’m getting 5volts going to the Coil Pack (white/blue & black/red wires) I’m guessing this power is from the stator/magneto, but should I be getting more power to these wires?

Also, when I hold down the stop button in the center next to the green stop button, am I supposed to hear a beep on this? There’s a little speaker looking thing on the hand pole and I’m not sure if my entire reason this isn’t starting is because of a “normal start up procedure”image.jpgimage.jpg

Hope you were able to make some progress since posting, for testing purposes I highly recommend the manual for your year, the testing goes through ignition, MPEM, and other items as well as wiring diagrams. As for the beeping, I think that would be when you cap the safety switch, but I could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back