1994 Sea Doo GTX Starter Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jxsh23

Hey guys, I've recently purchased an old 1994 Sea doo GTX and as soon as i got it i noticed there was an oil leak in it. So i took the carberator off and cleaned that out then went through and replaced all of the fuel, oil and oil injector lines. It still seems to be leaking oil from somewhere else and it wont turn over. when ever i go to start it, it seems to try to turn over but it just doesnt have enough to turn over. i just replaced the battery and have been checking to make sure the battery was still charged. it has turned over and ive gotten it running once for like 5 seconds. Not sure what i can do about this if it is a starter problem how would i go about fixing it.
(video of what its doing)

Leaking fuel from needle and seat. Probably has gas on top of pistons. Just screw out spark plugs and see if it will turn over.

well... i did that and i got a face full of oil and gas... lmfao well. any tips for clearing that out

Remove your carbs and check under the seat theirs a o ring see if there blown. The only way this could happen is the carburetors needle and seats not shutting off gas. Turn the fuel selector to off and turn motor over till all of the gas is off the top of pistons. Then check to see how it’s getting in there. I always turn the fuel selector to off position when I pull it out of water are done riding.

Well. I just took the carbs apart and cleaned them all the seels looked good and I replaced the oil injector lines cause that was the 1st oil leak

So, I took apart the top of the engine to clean it out of all the oil and gas that was sitting on top and the whole top of it was full of water and on of the cylinders looked a bit banged up. I put it all back together and it still is doing the same thing. Not sure where to go from here20180528_143103.jpg20180528_143107.jpg

This is the o ring around the seat that will let gas seep in. Don’t know about the water and oil on top of pistons

So, this is my 1st ski and I didn't realize how the water jacket worked or where it was. I did some research and found that there was only water in the jacket. Not in the cylinder. The cylinders were so full of oil and gas that it wouldn't crank over and when I pulled the top of the engine off the exhaust port was full of oil. Also it seems like only one cylinder has compression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back