1993 XP Rotary Shaft C Clip

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Reno_Mike

Hey all,
I saw some old threads on this particular issue and I wasn't able to reply but does anyone have tips on removing the C Clip on the rotary shaft. Can you spin it to make the holes more accessible? I've tried a few sizes of tools and can't seem to get it out - can't replace the rotary shaft. Help?

To be honest, I have heard of people pulling them out the side but because of the way the brass gear meshes with the crank I suspect it damages the new one when going it because they all seem to fail shortly after replacement that way. You also can't get all the old brass debris out without splitting the cases.

The safe way to do it once is the split the cases and a good time to buy a complete gasket kit with seals (WSM from PWC Muscle) and have fresh crank seals too.

Makes sense, I'd rather have this done correctly so I left work early yesterday and pulled her out.

PS, don't judge the orange paint job - the previous owner was senile lol.

unnamed.jpg

Yup - isn't that something? That groove doesn't catch my fingernail though (the picture looks a lot worse) so I've got 400/800 sandpaper to see how close I can get. What's your opinion on SBT motors?

My opinion is they are cheap rebuilds with an emphasis on cheap.
If it is your only option to get on the water then I guess they are ok but don't expect to get too many seasons out of them.
If you have the ability you are much better off doing a rebuild yourself.

Back