1992 SeaDoo GTX and Yamaha Waveventure - is it worth it?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

motox25

A friend is selling a 1992 SeaDoo GTX and a 96 Yamaha Venture on a double trailer. Both were winterized years ago and sat in a garage. He's wanting to sell them and I'm considering buying them, if I don't buy them I will be working on them so he can sell them. First are these skis worth buying, given they both run and if so what would you pay for them? I am planning on doing a compression test first and if that looks good replacing the fuel and oil lines, overhauling the carbs, replacing pump oil, spark plugs, and fogging the engine. Anything I'm missing?

Hard to say without seeing them, or knowing what they need. Since they have been sitting... you will need $150 worth of batteries just to know if they will start. Also... what size wave venture? 700 or 1100?

If everything is clean, and nice... and it's a bigger double trailer... I'd say it's worth $2500. (and goes down from there)

Thank you Tony, the SeaDoo is actually a 1993 and the Waveventure is a 1995 WaveVenture 700. I have never owned a Yamaha before, is this a pretty good ski? They have both been sitting unused for 12 years so I will start by doing compression tests on the engines. They have been stored covered in a garage though and both have under 100 hours of runtime. My 2001GTX had the grey tempo lines I had to change but the 93 has black lines so do I still need to change them out? The Yamaha has grey fuel lines, did they use tempo lines?

Sorry, not worth close to 2500 IMO.

$1800 would be a stretch. And that assumes the trailer is a 10/10.

The venture is a pig, a reliable pig but still a pig. The only thing good about the gtx is that it can't depreciate any more.

These two models are the entry level models of entry level models. I'd say work on them, and after they break offer $550.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back