1992 gtx 580 advice needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shillzza

So my machine will start up in the water.. i can normally get one solid burst of speed then it will bog down and shut off. When it bogs down if i pull the choke it will pick revs back up and get another burst of speed it seems as i can find a sweet spot and keep it running sometimes. Before i have to take carb off can anybody think of anything else that could be causing this issue. The previos owner told me carbs and topend were recently done

Never believe the previous owner when it comes to carb work... You need to go through the whole fuel system on any ski that’s new to you, so that you know exactly hats been done to it.

Replace any grey fuel lines with black automotive line, replace the fuel selector and O-ring on the water separator, and rebuild the carbs with genuine Mikuni parts and new needles and seats. That will get you going again!

Never believe the previous owner when it comes to carb work... You need to go through the whole fuel system on any ski that’s new to you, so that you know exactly hats been done to it.

Replace any grey fuel lines with black automotive line, replace the fuel selector and O-ring on the water separator, and rebuild the carbs with genuine Mikuni parts and new needles and seats. That will get you going again!
Thanks man i apprieciate the response.. i just found a hose thats not connected to anything and theres no mention of it in my manual. Do u know where this pops into? Its the middle orange one its at the back of the ski on a black box which seems to be connected to exhaust

Attachments

• 20200618_171005.jpg
    20200618_171005.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
I’m not sure about the line. Unfortunately I don’t have an SP to look at... I think it’s a battery vent line though, which would make sense to be unhooked since most new batteries don’t use the vent anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back