1990 Sea Doo SP thru hull seal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, got this 1990 Sea Doo SP that had been flooded from a friend a little while back and fixed the carb issues, but it's still taking on water pretty bad. I know there's something visibly wrong or missing with this driveshaft seal but I can't recall exactly what. I ordered a piece online which turned out to not even go on this machine. Can anyone tell me what I need?
seadoo.jpg

My suggestion is to put some water in the hull (not too much though) and see if you can find the leak, if it is a seal or hull issue you should be able to find it . Or you can go to the lake and leave it on the trailer and put it in the water with the seats off and see if you can find it. If you see nothing, crank it up and see if the seal is leaking.

Thanks Grim, we'll do that ASAP. We (me and my dad) are pretty sure it's the driveshaft seal and not the hull. Do you necessarily see anything wrong just from that picture? I can't find a reference for what it should look like

I just took a look at the parts diagram and nothing appears to be missing. FYI, you have a 1989 sp. They changed the driveshaft hull seal in 1990.

Yes, you have one of the original thru hull designs. You should be able to order seals and a bearing to rebuild the one you have. If the seal housing itself is leaking then try ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back