17 GTX 300 or 17 FX SVHO??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibr is very reliable now. Had issues the first year or two but has long been resolved and are proving to be pretty much maintenance free. The real issue with the 300 is the motor reliability. It has had some issues in its first year and I'm sure it will get worked out but not sure if it is there yet.

The yami is a solid ski. I suggest riding both of them and then you decide. They do have a very different feel and sound as well and ride quite a bit different. Not bad, just different. Yami feels a little more top heavy to me just in the riding position.

While a seadoo may be more flashy, yamaha may be more helpfull if you have any issues. I only know of seadoo. Three times now they let me down with the pit bull we'll do nothing approach.

So I pulled the trigger bam here it is
102.jpg

So I pulled the trigger bam here it is

Congrats. I purchased one of those last year and I love it. No problems so far. Hits 70 in no time and a very comfortable ride.

One drawback, she is a thirsty thing. My wife's Yamaha has twice the range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice timing on the purchase of the ski . I just read a post on another web site of some guy who just went through the whole winter with out his 300 cuz they say the fixed sc is out of stock probably cuz it's in your new one. LOL

Just keep in mind you have a from the factory , huge bump up in power so I would not go any further then maybe that device that takes off the speed limiter or a stock v Tech tune.

Excellent Choice... I made the same decision.. I am waiting for it to come in..
I am installing a Catch Can and SCOM.

Just bought the same ski in april. LOVE IT! Be prepared for crazy fuel consumption in the first 5ish hours. It does get a lot better around the 10hr mark, but they need a bigger tank in these things.

Just a follow up.. I purchased the 300 limited and love it.. Going through the break in period took a lot of restraint, but now i'm at 16 hours.. and she flies.
With the Scom, she does 75, and gets there in a hurry. The Sport mode rocks.. but as a previous post mentions, she is thirsty.

The seat is very comfy, and handles well in rough water. With the all the built in features, I think I made the perfect choice.

The real issue with the 300 is the motor reliability. It has had some issues in its first year and I'm sure it will get worked out but not sure if it is there yet.

What motor issues I own a 2016 and so do allot of my buddies we have been motor issue free ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back