155 4-Tec Starting/Idling Issues. Please help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

itBurns46

If I hold the Start button, it sounds like it cranks and then pewww, nothing. (Repeatedly). I finally got it running when holding the throttle starting it so it'd rev up. Had to hold the revs for a little bit and ease off for it to stay on, or else it'd just die.

I let it run on the trailer in Neutral for about 5 minutes just to make sure there weren't any major leaks like the last time I brought it up... turned it off, unhooked it from the trailer, tried to start it, and again - didn't want to start unless I was giving it throttle when I held the Start button. I thought at that point since the motor would be warmed up it wouldn't be an issue, but nope ... took 3 tries.

I took it out on the lake for a couple of minutes then brought it back. Seems to run perfectly fine under throttle and sounds smooth, seems to run smooth but once I'm off the gas, that bad idle is back. Sounds like it's going to just vibrate itself apart.

Check the videos below. Any ideas? You'll see in the one where I rev it the vibrating roughness goes away for that brief second.

Turn up your volume. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
"What I thought was a water-ready 2002 GTX Limited 155"

Why did you think that?

The seller told you so? Or it ran great during your test ride?

"What I thought was a water-ready 2002 GTX Limited 155"

Why did you think that?

The seller told you so? Or it ran great during your test ride?
We took it to the river. Was about 35* out and the water is very low so the seller rode it. He drove 2.5 hours to deliver it to me and offered a water test when he arrived. Due to the limitations of the launch, me seeing him riding it on the river made me believe all was well. My other thread about my initials problems go into the errors I made (like not looking in the hull after we pulled it out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back